Saturday, February 25, 2012

Poetry

 One of my assignments this week was to write a poem. Now to be honest this freaked me out a wee bit. You see in school I never really understood it and well I didn't ask for clarity either. I never saw myself writing any poetry, but I'm learning that God seems to bring us and use allot of things I thought I would never do or never do again. He has been teaching me to not restrict myself in what He can use through me. If God wants me to do it I'll do it, I will leave my pride trampled behind. Pride gets in the way! The thoughts of "I'll look dumb" comes not from God but from the enemy! There are still moments where my pride is in the way but one day this flesh will be defeated and this pride of self will be no more.

Besides I kind of liked writing this poem... I'll probably post it next week after I present it for class. I would sooo rather do this than write a five page paper!

Mark 21-23 "For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

No comments:

Post a Comment