Friday, February 3, 2012

Excitement and Love

I was asked today what excites me about Jesus. The Adventure was my answer. Knowing that this road hard and full of trials. Trials that could be full of pain and extreme circumstances, but the outcome of those trials is growth. Knowing that God has promised to do great things through me for His glory. Knowing that He is taking this worthless man (who by himself is a dirty tattered rag) and has plans to do great and amazing things. When I'm down I think these are good things to remind myself of. To remind myself that God is allowing this trial for His glory and I need to keep my gaze on Him and not the storm. I need to remember that God is intentional with my life and I need to be Intentional with it as well. I pray that I remember that the Spirit is the power of God in me and that with that seeming imposable circumstances are possible with HIM. I'm praying that I truly LOVE people and realize the eternal possibilities of Jesus in their lives. I don't have trouble loving the ones people typically have a hard time loving, like the rebels, druggies, the sexually impure, or the people hardened by violence. The people I struggle with are usually the "believers" who are arrogant, extremely selfish, or the ones putting themselves in a false reality of making God whoever they want Him to be. These "fellow believers" are the ones I struggle loving. Its not right for me not to love them and neither is it biblical.

Psalm 23:5-6 "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment