Monday, February 20, 2012

Contentment in a little thing

Contentment has been a word for me lately. Right now it applies to my sickness. This weekend I got a really bad head cold that game me a cough that sounds like death and a sinus head ache that feels like it puts my head in a vice. Throughout the weekend I had to pray that he work through me for I was in no shape to help lead worship playing the cajon but I knew thats where he wanted me. He wanted to show me that He makes His will passable and the only way for His will to be passable is through Him. I needed a reminder of how much He is to be involved in my life. the answer to that is "IN EVERYTHING!!" We even sang about it in worship and it was a great feeling.

Now the weekend is over and I have been trying to get rid of this sickness..... But I'm realizing that Gods lessons don't stop. I am sick and to be honest I have stopped asking for healing. Instead I know me being sick is His will and weather I understand it or not, I am content with Him in me even in my physical sickness. This sickness is not a worry nor should it prevent me from loving God any less because He has not "healed me" right away. I will be fine and being sick will not stop God from working His will through me. He is bigger than this.

1st Peter 2:11-12  "Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation." 

No comments:

Post a Comment