Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Repeating Prayer

"Lord, I know you call me more than simply being in a better place than so & so was at my age. You hold me to a higher standard, You hold me to be like Your Son my Lord Jesus Christ. That my God is my goal."

Through out my life this phrase has been spoken to me "You are is such a better place than I was at your age, I was all over." (referring to my choices and my spiritual life). I know they mean this as a compliment but really why are you comparing yourself to me? My goal is not to be better than others my age, or even better than other people when they were my age. My goal is to live a Christ driven life. That holds no slandered to any man. I am not to be compared to, why compare filthy rags to filthy rags? I know people mean well but that compliment gives nothing to God, it praises me for "my actions" and "my choices." I do not want to rob God from any glory or praise! 

1 Peter 4:11-"whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment