Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Awearness to Moving Action

This morning a friend of mine posted a video from Invisible Children called Kony 2012. This video sparked a fire that I haven't felt in a while. It sparked inspiration to how I can do so much more to impact the world and spread the Love of Jesus in so many different ways. Loving Jesus by showing His love to people. Any way it inspired me to do more than I was doing.

One I'm going to spread more awareness of such problems of this fallen world. For one of the enemy's biggest schemes is the evil that is just swept under the carpet unnoticed except by the people directly effected. When I see people who want to do something but just don't know what I want to be able to point them in the direction of a few organizations I support. (Orphan Outreach, Invisible Children, ect.)

Secondly I'm changing/restricting my wardrobe. I am only wearing shirts that I have from things I support or have supported. This includes mission trip shirts, bands I support, organizations I have worked with or supported, ministries ect. I want what I wear to start conversation talking about what I support or the experiences I had working with an organization or group. Spread awareness of these groups and to be a walking billboard for these things I support. Bringing a purpose to even my dress.

Now I have 4 or 5 exclusions I kept but my closet is cleaned out and I think I'm going to dress like this for the rest of my life. Its a small thing but I feel lead to do so. Anything to further inform the world of why I live or do the things I do. I do them to bring glory to Jesus because I love Him. I love Jesus and so I love the people he has created. I will do what I can to help people and to point them in the direction of Christ. There is so much more I want to say but it 1:00am and I do have to get up in the morning so I guess this will have to do. Watch the video and find something or someone to support. Help people help people. I know that sounds funny but do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment