Friday, March 9, 2012

Highs and Lows

I have been on quite the spiritual high the past two weeks or so and it has been really great! But I have noticed I'm goin down a bit. The past few mornings it has been really hard for me to focus on God first thing in the morning and doing my devotions have been a bit harder to get into. I think these lows right after the highs are times where God is testing our faith. I believe like in Job God is allowing tests and trials "And the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?” Then Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for no reason? " I think He dose this to test our faith past the "good" times. I welcome these tests! Lord may I show, or may I see, your greatness through my weakness! I love realizing that God is pushing and testing me, that means He is pushing me to be more like His Son Jesus Christ. Making me better to produce more fruit for His Glory. Realizing that my faith is being tested helps me continue on the right path and have Gods blessing. I know that even if I fail He will use conviction to discipline me and like it's said in Romans "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." But I think we would all agree that we would rather have Gods blessing than His chastening. Just trying to keep my gaze fixed on the things of the Lord.

Love God, Love the Word, Love people. Remember the goal of being more like Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment