Monday, March 19, 2012

An Important Verse

I just finished Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I was truly blessed by God's timing with this book. What I mean by that is this book has been a great encouragement to me. All the lessons in this book, challenges about loving God and loving people, were lessons that I was already working through and applying in my biblical life. The lessons and my studies here at Off the Wall have brought me to a place where I have been able to hear the Spirit like never before. Being truly enlightened to His will, and to His love. It was such an encouragement to read and see that I'm on the right path. I know that last sentence can sound prideful but know its not said in pride, its said relief. Relief from worrying if I'm not interrupting things right, to know that I really am living and improving. It truly is amazing to see what God is forming me into. And His Love brings me to tears.

At the end of his book Francis lets things off with this verse 2nd Timothy 4:7-8 where Paul says -
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing." I think I'm making this my new life verse. A reminder and encouragement of that glorious day to come. I want to be able to truthfully say at the end of my days "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. I put my foot down and stood firm" That would be my greatest honor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment