Monday, April 16, 2012

Yup Joy

Well something is for sure and that is that God is workin in me to make me more like Him and His son Jesus Christ. Joy is an area that I needed encouragement in lately and happily the encouragement and challenge to have more Joy has been present. I friend told me the other day that she was praying for me to have and further understand Joy. I'm so happy I have this community that Jesus has brought me, the Spirit uses them often to help me become more like Christ. And tonight my discipler gave a lesson on Joy. It was exactly what I needed because my hold on Joy was weakening. I just wanted to share some little notes I took tonight, I don't want to go super in depth or give a lesson of my own on Joy I simply want to share a few reminders about Joy that I needed tonight.

Joy

 Its an attitude not a emotion. Its not a "feeling" but a choice to believe. 

Its knowing that all things are going to work out in the end regardless of the circumstances. 

Joy is not situational

Joy is a manifestation of Hope in Jesus

Joy is a fruit 

If we do not have Joy we are quenching the Spirit 

Pray for Joy and Obedience 

Galatians 5 :22-26 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another."

  


 

1 comment: