Thursday, April 19, 2012

Joy and Maturity

I know this may sound strange but I'm really proud of what I have become. It is truly amazing to look at my transformation through Jesus Christ. Seeing my changed thoughts, attitudes, views, perspectives, anything the Lord will's to change. I'm changing because I have deeper understanding of the Word, more knowledge of who Jesus is, and a biblical community of friends(now family). Through all of these I was revealed a deeper Love and Joy never before felt or expressed in my life.

My Love for people and especially children has grown parallel with my deeper Love for Jesus. Witch I think is Biblical in reference to the two greatest commandments  Mat 22: 36-40 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” Our Love for humanity as a whole should be looked at through the eyes of Jesus! He Loves us without conditions! I Love Loving people!(yeah I know that sounds funny). Really I do I'm at my happiest and filled with Joy when I'm Loving people. When I'm playing with children, when I'm talking to that person who's hard to understand, when I'm taking that neighbor blankets because I noticed he had no bedding to sleep on, I'm most happy when I'M BEING OBEDIENT!

I've really had a revelation with Joy! For some reason before I didn't understand Joy. I barely knew the difference between Joy and happiness. I was told they were different but never really had it explained to me until I understood (for a little more on what I learned about Joy look at my last blog). This year during trials I hung on to the Joy instead of quenching it. I was confident that Jesus was bigger and I believed in His promises. It made trials so much easier, I processed through them with reading the word, seeking and listening to biblical counsel, I tried to look at my trials through a biblical perspective. I looked at what the Word told me, reminded myself of truth, and shared my burden with my brothers and sisters. Keeping Joy gave me a clear head, I was able to work through these trials with as little damage in my wake as possible. Finding the wisest decision and confirming them with counsel, Joy is truly amazing. Having this reminder and some new lessons about Joy has really encouraged and strengthened me to do more.  I could wright more but I need to go to bed...

Psalm 16:11
"You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

No comments:

Post a Comment