Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pray

How often do we pray really? Sense I got back here At Off the Wall for my second semester there has been an enfasis on prayer. In the bible study I lead with the youth we started reading 1st Samuel. Right in the first chapter there is an enfasis on prayer! Hannah has not been able to bear children so she is praying with persistence for many years. Finally she reaches a point where she prays honestly before God. She did not hide her feeling before God, in verse 10 her prayer is introduced with this "In bitterness of her soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the Lord."(NIV) She did not mask her feelings before the Lord. Why do I think we have to? He already knows how I feel so why do I put up some front of calmness when I talk to Him? If your telling someone your struggling and you need help there is normally a sense of urgency in your voice and nothing is held beck because you are asking for help. Now why don't I show this urgency before God? I am no longer going to try and hide my urgency from God, I'm going to pray honestly before Him. Now my discipler has asked me how consistently I pray for the ones around me? Well I cant say I consistently pray because I didn't start intentionally praying for my brothers and my sisters here at Off the Wall until this semester. God showed me how much I have here and I realized I needed to pray for them because I loved them. So soon I pray I can say that I consistently pray for the ones I truly love. I devote more time to prayer now and i should have done that a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment