Sunday, January 29, 2012

Difficult Conversation

These things are hard to even think about. Difficult conversation must happen sometimes to help a brother or sister grow. Telling each other what we see and what they need to hear is an important part of community discipleship. If you really care for and love someone you will tell them what they need to hear even if they might not want to hear it. Timing is incredibly important when dealing with difficult conversation. If it is not the right time to go through this issue or they are not ready to work through this problem the conversation will most likely accomplish nothing and will do more damage than good. Timing along with having the right amount of compassion will make all the difference. If you can make clear the seriousness of the issue and show them that your doing this because you care about them acceptance seems to come easier. I have to me willing to make the effort and discuss through the issue show them why its a problem and be willing to help guide them. I have a few difficult conversations in my future but I realize that that not confronting my brothers and sisters is selfish. Not confronting them simply because I don't want to put forth that kind of effort or deal with the possible drama is a selfish and lazy way to live in a biblical community.

No comments:

Post a Comment