Monday, March 18, 2013

Humbleness

This year has been a real punch to any selfish pride I have. Its just a constant reminder that I have nothing to boast for, and that the only one worthy of boasting is Jesus. So lately my prayer has been that I only boast in Jesus and His glory. All of me is worthless without Christ and I owe my Life to Him. I long for the day when I am fully Glorified and Sanctified so that all I do brings Glory to the Father and Jesus Christ. For now I'll just have to strive for it.

Psalm 34:2-"My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
let the humble hear and be glad."

Isaiah 10:15-"Shall the axe boast over him who hews with it,
or the saw magnify itself against him who wields it?
As if a rod should wield him who lifts it,
or as if a staff should lift him who is not wood!"

1 Corinthians 1:31, 3:21, 4:7, 13:4- 
"so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” 

"So let no one boast in men. For all things are yours,"

"For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?"

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant"

2 Corinthians 10:17, 11:30-
“Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

"If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness."

Galatians 6:14- "But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." 




No comments:

Post a Comment