Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Teaching

Mark Driscoll


Francis Chan

I just love these two speakers! Every time I hear them I just get excited because I have found these guys to both be full of truth and love, two things that can only come from having a open heart to God and allowing the Spirit to show them great things. These are bold radical men of faith, I seek to be as useful to God as these men. Now what I wanted to share with you is my observations on the different styles these men present Gods words and instruction. They Give the same message and have the same Love(Love from God) but they show different attributes of God in their speaking.

Mark Driscoll is umm how do i put this best.... BOLD! Mark will speak truth and really wont soften it very much, he puts it all out on the table. He tells you "If you don't know Jesus as your savior your going to Hell!" witch is truth, a truth the bible is clear on, but he also tells you the truth of how to be saved and he tells you why "... I tell you because I Love you and I cant have your blood on my hands." Mark is very abrasive (abrasive defined as something capable of polishing or cleaning a hard surface by rubbing or grinding.) but he wants you to understand the seriousness of the situation, its peoples eternity at stake. Now although his words hit you like a punch to the face you find yourself wanting more, why is that? Because there is Love in his words and tone, and throughout his sermons you will continually hear him say "I love you!" because he does and you feel it! He loves you and he loves you because of Jesus Christ and His Love for us. Mark preaches like God speaks in Job 38, read it and you'll understand.

Now Francis Chan speaks with what I call a "verbal hug." He can speak the hardest truths because how he presents it with such compassion. He speaks with extreme softness but never compromises on truth. Francis makes it just as serious as Mark but with a tenderness and sympathy that grips you emotions. Francis Chan speaks to you emotions and the tenderness of your heart. While Mark speaks to more the rational mind. Francis speaks with his hands and with a strain in his voice almost sounding like he's pleading for you to understand. You feel his love from his tenderness, while Mark shows it with his seriousness. He speaks like i feel Jesus spoke to the women at the well (John 4) I encourage you to read that and see what I mean as well. Francis shows the tenderness of God while Mark shows the seriousness. Both showing the same Love but in different ways.  I feel like I could go on and on but I would just encourage you to watch the videos and see for yourself.

Hebrews 13:7 "Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith."

No comments:

Post a Comment